Photo: Carolyn Cope
Serious Eats has some great tips for shopping at the farmers' market. Some of the best ones:
- Find out why it's not certified organic. The farmer may not have the resources to get the certification, and it doesn't necessarily mean the food isn't organically grown.
- Bring your own bag(s). I find it useful to bring multiple bags. If you're doing a large shopping trip, maybe even a cooler (especially if you intend to buy fresh fish or meat).
- Shop around! A lot of stalls sell the same thing, but not everybody has the best produce or the best prices. You could find a great deal in an out-of-the-way stall.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades