This summer if you are in New York get yourself in some rubber soled shoes, buy a timed ticket in advance and run to the rooftop of The Met for The Big Bambu. It's green, literally. It's made from one of the most sustainable materials around. And it's even recyclable! And you can walk through it!
This art installation from April 27 through Oct. 31 by twin artists Mike and Doug Starn will be a site-specific installation for the Metropolitan Museum of Art that is part sculpture, part architecture and part performance. This evolving sculpture, called "Big Bambu" will be a monumental bamboo structure in the form of a cresting wave rising as high as 50 feet above the roof.
More behind the scenes images here!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades