Childhood Obesity is Michelle Obama's signature issue in this administration. A new report from The White House Task Force on Childhood Obesity calls on food companies to stop marketing unhealthy food to kids. This recommendation comes from a 120 page report, released on Tuesday, which focuses on ways we can combat the childhood obesity epidemic in our nation.
A Wall Street Journal article published today highlights findings in the report that state "one in every three children ages 2-19 is overweight or obese". It also goes on to state that effective change must be a multilateral approach with change coming from extending current self imposed regulations for food makers, the standardization of nutrition labeling on products and healthier lunch programs in schools.
Happy Reading and Happy Eating!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades